OfficeMate & ExamWRITER Version 10.5 Released
Includes new meaningful use reporting tool
Rancho Cordova, Calif., August 17, 2011—Eyefinity® today announced the release of OfficeMate®/ExamWRITER® electronic medical records v10.5. The new version is ONC-ATCB 2011/2012-certified as a "Complete EHR" by CCHIT, which enables users to achieve "meaningful use" in order to qualify for up to $44,000 in federal stimulus money.
Among the new version’s most unique and anticipated features, is its CMS Meaningful Use Reporting Window, which allows users to easily track their meaningful use criteria. It also calculates the percentage of critera that the user meets so they can report the data during the attestation process.
“Eyecare professionals have everything they need to easily become ‘meaningful users’ with OfficeMate/ExamWRITER v10.5,” said James Kirchner, O.D., Eyefinity’s chief professional officer. “Our new version offers our customers a powerful yet intuitive practice management software and electronic medical records system which enhances clinical efficiency and supports the success of their practice.”
Other new features include:
- Enhanced Appointment Scheduler: Includes improvements that make setting up exceptions easier and makes the display more user-friendly.
- Fee Slips: Easier and more intuitive editing of line items; allows user to designate which open charges to post, which to close, and which to leave open.
- Ledger: Improvements reduce the complexity of the line items displayed in the ledger and make completing tasks such as reverses/corrections, edits, and changing payment types easier.
- Claims Processing: Improvements and ease of use provide more effective means of processing claims.
- Reports: Customized reports improve the view the practice’s finances and increase the user’s flexibility to achieve the precise reporting they require.
- Enhanced VSP Interface: Improves workflow and allows user to obtain authorizations and submit VSP lab orders and claims more quickly and more accurately than in prior versions.
Existing OfficeMate/ExamWRITER users who wish to upgrade to v10.5 can visit Eyefinity’s "MyInstallCenter," which will assist them by asking a series of questions about their practice, hardware, and which parts of the software they currently use. This innovative technology provides users with a stage-by-stage approach to all necessary steps that must be made to ensure a smooth upgrade, including a customized training program based on the unique needs of each eyecare practice.Existing users can visit: http://myinstallcenter.officemate.net for more information. New and existing clients can also call 800.269.3666 (option 1) for additional details.
Eyefinity, a VSP GlobalSM company, is the eyecare industry’s premier provider of innovative business solutions. Serving over 27,000 eyecare professionals, Eyefinity offers Web-based solutions such as frame and lens ordering, claims processing, personalized Web sites with email communication tools, business development programs, industry webinars and resource guides. Customers throughout the United States and Canada use software solutions including OfficeMate practice management software (PMS), ReportWRITER patient communications, ExamWRITER electronic medical records and the OfficeMate Enterprise multilocation version. Also included within Eyefinity’s product portfolio is AcuityLogic™, a practice management software and point-of-sale solution delivered through a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform.Eyefinity’s international presence includes Monkey Software®, an optical practice management software company headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. Their industry-leading software solution Optomate® is used by one-third of optometry offices in Australia and New Zealand.
Phone: (916) 851.4531