If you are using the OfficeMate Lab Interface with Innovations, the lens mapping data must be updated in the Lens Product Mapping utility database so that the same selections in Innovation are available in the Lens Product Mapping utility. As new lens data is added into Innovations, the data must be synchronized between the two systems. Complete the following procedure after each time you add or update lenses in OfficeMate:
- Navigate to the Innovations outgoing folder, which may be similar to the following: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Occuco\Innovations\Outgoing.
- Delete the lens.val file. You can also rename the file instead to something similar to lens_1.val, just in case you need to revert to the previous file.
- Go into the Settings Navigator in Innovations.
- Select Lens Database.
- Right-click and select Export Validation Files.
This will create the lens.val file in the following folder: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Occuco\Innovations\Outgoing.
- Copy the lens.val file from C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Occuco\Innovations\Outgoing into the following folder: C:\OFFICEMATE\DATA\Setup Data\Innovations. If needed, overwrite the previous lens.val file.
- Open the Lab Product Mapping utility and click the Lab Data Loader tab.
- Select Innovations from the Lab System drop-down menu.
- Click the Load Tree button.
A message displays, informing you that the Tree data has been loaded.
- Click OK.
- Close the Lab Data Loader window.
- Map the lenses per your usual process. The selections available in Innovations are now available in the Lab Product Mapping utility.