To set up COS on a new workstation, you must install TeraTerm. Because the instructions for installing TeraTerm involve advanced IT techniques, we recommend that you ask an IT technician to help you complete the instructions.
- Download TeraTerm and save it into a temporary folder on your local hard drive (for example, C:\TERATERM.ZIP).
- Navigate to the temporary folder on your local hard drive where you saved TeraTerm in step 1.
- Right-click on TERATERM.ZIP and select Extract All or Uncompress.
- If you selected Extract All, click Next, click Next again to extract the files into the temporary folder on your local hard drive, and click Finish.
- If you selected Uncompress, you may have to double-click on the file to uncompress the files into a sub folder called TERATERM.
- View the extracted or uncompressed files in the TERATERM folder.
- Double-click Setup.bat.
The WinZip Self-Extractor window opens.
- Click Unzip.
- Click OK after the files are unzipped.
- Click Close to close the WinZip Self-Extractor window.
- Right-click on the USRVR icon on your desktop.
Note: If this icon is not on your desktop, copy it to your desktop from the C:\TERATERM\COS folder.
- Select Properties.
- Change the IP address in the Target text box from 10.10.10.2:23 to the IP address of your Linux server (for example, 192.168.1.1:23).
Note: You may have to use an IP address with a :22 parameter instead of a :23 parameter for some installations. To confirm which parameter you should use, right-click on the COS icon on another workstation and verify the settings.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
- Double-click the USRVR icon to open a terminal window and log in.
- Repeat steps 1-14 on all workstations. To save the time of downloading TeraTerm on each workstation, you can download and save it on a shared drive or copy it to a thumb drive.