If you are using ExamWRITER with the Zeiss i.Profiler equipment interface and it is not working, follow the steps below, provided by Carl Zeiss:
- Open the i.Scription Software Settings window.
- Click Add New and record the i.Profiler Plus IP address.
- Select 1 from the Search for measurements from last drop-down menu.
- Select the disable authentication check box in the Authentication box.
- Do not modify the export or import directory paths. The export directory path should be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Pontus\PMS_Export. The import directory path should be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Pontus\PMS_Import.
- Ensure that you are using ExamWRITER v9.5.12 or above.
- Open ExamWRITER.
- On the ExamWRITER main window, click Tools and select Equipment Integration Setup.
- Select the check box (Zeiss iScription Export, Zeiss iScription Import, Zeiss iProfilerPlus) next to the equipment that you are using.
- Select the location on the network where Zeiss saves the data file:
- Select a drive from the drop-down menu.
- Select the folder in which Zeiss saves the data file. The Zeiss iScription Export folder should be located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Pontus\PMS_Export. The Zeiss iScription Import folder should be located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Pontus\PMS_Import. The Zeiss iProfilerPlus folder should be located at C:\iProfiler (if this folder does not exist, create it now).
- Type the name of the i.Profiler Plus in the Computer Name text box for Zeiss i.ProfilerPlus and Zeiss i.Scription Export. For example, type IPROFPXXXXXX, where XXXXXX is the i.ProfilerPlus serial number.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for each piece of Zeiss equipment or software (Zeiss iScription Export, Zeiss iScription Import, and Zeiss iProfilerPlus) that you are using.
- Click Save.
- Click Exit.
- Close ExamWRITER to activate your changes.
- Ensure that the Zeiss IP2.MatheTray program is running. The IP2.MatheTray.exe is located in the Program Files\CZV folder. This program is running if you see a Zeiss icon in the Windows taskbar.
- Ping the IPP from the ExamWRITER computer by name (for example, ping IPROFP301001). If you cannot ping the IPP, then the interface will not work because the computer needs to be able to locate the IPP by name. If you can ping the IPP by the IP address, but not by the computer name, add the IP address and name to the local PC host file. The host file is located in the C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc folder.