Upgrading to OfficeMate/ExamWRITER v10 is a decision that you must make based on your practice’s needs and your desire to achieve meaningful use and apply for stimulus funds under the HITECH Act. If you decide not to upgrade to v10.0 right now, you will have the opportunity to upgrade to v10.5 this summer, which will simplify your experience using fee slips, the ledger, third party processing, and setup, in addition to giving you the tools to achieve meaningful use. If you wait to upgrade to v10.5 this summer, you are shortening the available time frame in which you have to complete meaningful use measures in 2011. Only you can decide if upgrading to v10.0 is right for you.
If you answer YES to all of the questions below, then upgrading to OfficeMate/ExamWRITER v10 at MyInstallCenter may be right for you. If you answer NO to any of the questions below, waiting to upgrade to v10.5 this summer may be right for you.
- Are you a Medicare Part B provider?
- If you are an ophthalmologist, are you an Eligible Medicaid provider?
- If you an ophthalmologist who is an Eligible Medicaid provider, are over 30% of your practice’s billings Medicaid claims?
- Do you plan on applying for stimulus funds under the HITECH Act?
- Do you use or are you planning to use ExamWRITER?
- Do you use or are you planning to use ePrescribing?
- Are you currently using OfficeMate/ExamWRITER v9 or OfficeMate Enterprise v2?
- Will you have time to upgrade to and learn to use v10, test it before using it live in your practice to ensure data compatibility, and dedicate 90 days in 2011 to achieving meaningful use with OfficeMate/ExamWRITER?
- Do you know how much stimulus money you'll be receiving after you attest to your meaningful use? If not, multiply your Medicare physician fee schedule allowed charges that you submit in 2011 (no more than $24,000) by .75.
- Will the features outlined in the OfficeMate 10.0 Enhancements and ExamWRITER 10.0 Enhancements documents help alleviate any issues that you are experiencing using OfficeMate\ExamWRITER v9 or OfficeMate Enterprise v2?