Follow the steps below to upgrade from OfficeMate Enterprise 1.0.x to 2.0.43 SP2:
1. Choose Your Conversion Computer
The conversion computer is the computer that will run the conversion process. The time that it takes to complete your conversion is directly related to the speed of your conversion computer; therefore, choose the fastest computer in your environment for this task.
You have two options for running the conversion process. Choose one of the following options:
Option 1: Run the conversion on the current production server that meets OfficeMate Enterprise system requirements. Typically the conversion runs faster on this server due to its faster CPU and additional memory; however, if the conversion fails and you have to revert to OfficeMate Enterprise 1.0.x, you will have to reinstall OfficeMate Enterprise 1.0.x to bring the server back into production. In summary, this option offers faster conversion times, but it may require more time to return the server back to its previous state (with OfficeMate Enterprise version installed on it) if the conversion fails.
Option 2: Run the conversion on a different workstation or server that does not have OfficeMate Enterprise 1.0.x installed on it. Ensure that the conversion computer has at minimum a Intel Xeon 3040 or above processor and at least 4GB of memory to avoid conversion failures. This option only requires you to restore a copy of the production database on the SQL Server if the conversion fails and you have to revert to OfficeMate Enterprise 1.0.x.
2. Upgrade to OfficeMate Enterprise
a. Download OfficeMate Enterprise 2.0.43, Service Pack 2, and the conversion program to the conversion computer you chose in step 1.
1) Download OfficeMate Enterprise 2.0.43: http://oss.ome.s3.amazonaws.com/OTx955.exe
2) Download Service Pack 2: http://oss.ome.s3.amazonaws.com/OTx1008.exe
3) Download the conversion program: http://oss.ome.s3.amazonaws.com/OT32971.exe
b. Install OfficeMate Enterprise 2.0.43 on the conversion computer that you chose in step 1.
1) Remove any existing copies of OfficeMate Enterprise using the Add/Remove Programs window in Microsoft Windows.
2) Search for and delete all copies of the OMATE32.ini file.
3) Install the OTx955.exe file (OfficeMate Enterprise 2.0.43) on the conversion computer.
4) Reboot the conversion computer.
5) Install the OTx1008.exe file (Service Pack 2) on the conversion computer.
6) Extract the ConversionADO.exe conversion program file from the OT322971.exe file and into the OfficeMate Enterprise program directory (typically C:\OfficeMate).
c. Create a full SQL backup of your current production database with SQL Server Manager Studio Express.
d. Convert your data.
1) Edit the C:\Windows\OMATE32.ini file on your conversion computer so that it points to the OMATESQL database and server.
2) Open Home Office on your conversion computer to start conversion process.
e. Test OfficeMate Enterprise 2.0.43 on your conversion computer.
1) Check the version number and Service Pack number by clicking Help and selecting About OfficeMate. It should say 2.0.43 SP2.
2) Search for patients.
f. Upgrade additional Terminal Servers and workstations to version 2.0.43 SP2. (This task will take, on average, five minutes per computer.) Do not open OfficeMate Enterprise until step #g has been completed on all terminal servers and all workstations.
g. Extract the ConversionADO.exe conversion program file from OT322971.exe and into the OfficeMate Enterprise program directory (typically C:\OfficeMate) on all Terminal Servers and all workstations with OfficeMate Enterprise 2.0.43 SP2.
Optional Step 3: Revert to OfficeMate Enterprise 1.0.x (Only if Necessary!)
In the unlikely event that the conversion process fails due to conversion errors, you will have to revert back to OfficeMate Enterprise 1.0.x.
1. Revert the conversion computer to its prior version.
a. Remove any existing copies of OfficeMate Enterprise using the Add/Remove Programs window in Microsoft Windows.
b. Search for and delete all copies of the OMATE32.ini file.
c. Install OfficeMate Enterprise 1.0.x (i.e., the current production version).
2. Restore a copy of the full SQL backup of your current production database with SQL Server Manager Studio Express.