If you are using the ExamWRITER Topcon equipment interface in ExamWRITER v9.0 and you are experiencing any of the issues below, upgrade to ExamWRITER v10.6 to reseolve the issues. If you are unable to update to v10.6 at this time, follow these instructions below to resolve the issues.
· Error 429
· Error 2147417843
· Unable to transfer near point binocular findings or near and distance phorias
· Unable to correctly transfer measurements when one of the measurements in plano
1. Back up your data!
2. Ensure that you have successfully installed the latest version of ExamWRITER v9/v10 on your computers.
3. Ensure that you are logged into the network as a user with full local administrative access rights.
4. Click http://oss.ome.s3.amazonaws.com/OT32424.exe.
The File Download – Security Warning window opens.
5. Click Save.
The Save As window opens.
6. Navigate to the location where you want to save the Topcon OT32424 executable file (most likely, your OfficeMate Updates folder on your server).
7. Click Save.
The executable file is downloaded and saved to the location that you specified.
Note: You can complete the instructions below simultaneously on multiple workstations.
8. From a workstation (or, your server, if you also use ExamWRITER from your server), navigate to the OfficeMate Updates folder on your computer. If your download folder has a different name, navigate to that folder.
9. Double-click OT32424.exe.
The Open File—Security Warning window opens.
10. Click Run.
The WinZip Self-Extractor window opens.
11. Click Browse, if necessary, and navigate to and select the location of your OMATE32 or OfficeMate folder (often C:\OMATE32 or C:\OfficeMate) and click OK. If the drive and folder location of your OMATE32 or OfficeMate folder is already correctly displayed in the WinZip Self-Extractor window, skip this step.
12. Click Unzip to unzip the files.
13. Click OK after the files successfully unzip.
14. Click Close to close the WinZip Self-Extractor window.
15. Click your computer’s Start button.
16. Select Run.
17. If your computer has an OMATE32 folder, type Regsvr32 C:\OMATE32\Topcon.dll; if your computer has an OfficeMate folder, type Regsvr32 C:\Officemate\Topcon.dll.
18. Click OK.
The RegSvr32 window opens.
19. Click OK.
20. Repeat steps 8–19 on each computer in your office running ExamWRITER.