You can use the Close Open Charges Utility in OfficeMate 9.0 and above to close all open charges on and prior to a specific date and mark the Rx orders on which the charges appeared with the following note: “Order Not Billed – Charges Closed.” Note that you can only use the Close Open Charges Utility one time. After you close all of the open charges, the Rx orders on which the charges appeared will be locked. You can print the locked Rx orders, but you cannot print the lab orders.
To download the use the Close Open Charges Utility, ensure that you have upgraded to OfficeMate 9.0 or above and follow the instructions below:
1. Close OfficeMate and ExamWRITER on all of your computers.
2. Go to http://oss.ome.s3.amazonaws.com/OTx7723.exe.
The File Download – Security Warning window opens.
3. Click Save.
The Save As window opens.
4. Navigate to the location where you want to save the Close Open Charges Utility OTx7723 executable file (most likely, your OfficeMate Updates folder on your server).
5. Click Save.
The executable file is downloaded and saved to the location that you specified.
6. Navigate to the OTx7723.exe file saved on your computer in the location that you specified in step 4.
7. Double-click OTx7723.exe.
The Open File – Security Warning window opens.
8. Click Run.
The Close Open Charges utility opens.
9. Type a date in the Open Charges Date text box.
Important Note: All open charges on this date and on all dates prior to this date will be closed.
10. Click Close Open Charges.
All open charges on this date and on all dates prior to this date are closed.
11. Close the Close Open Charges Utility.