OfficeMate 10.0 and later interfaces directly with Dymo software version 8. If you ae using OfficeMate 9.5 or lower or OfficeMate Enterprise 1.0 or 2.0, follow the instructions below.
Before using the Dymo LabelWriter 450 or 450 Turbo printer with OfficeMate or OfficeMate Enterprise, you must install updated printer drivers from Dymo. Follow the instructions below to properly connect the printer, install the software, and install the updated printer drivers.
- Connect the Dymo LabelWriter 450 to your computer via a USB port.
- Ensure that all Windows updates are installed on your computer.
- Install Dymo software version 7 at http://www.dymo.com/media/Software/WIN_DLS78.EXE.
Note: Ensure that you select the correct connection method (USB or Network) and that you ignore any messages that state that you have an undetected Dymo device.
- Download the Dymo software updater from http://www.dymo.com/media/Software/DLS7Update.exe and save the file to your workstation or to a location on the network where it can be accessed by all computers attached to a Dymo LabelWriter 450 printer.
- Locate the DLS7Update.exe file on your workstation or on the network.
- Double-click the DLS7Update.exe icon to launch the installer.
An Open File Security Warning window opens.
- Click Run and follow the installer prompts.
- Open the Dymo software and verify that Dymo LabelWriter 450 is listed as its printer.
- Print a label from the Dymo software.
Note: If a message appears stating that the printer is absent, reboot your PC while the printer is still connected and ensure that users have their permissions set up properly to install software and unzip files.
- Open OfficeMate or OfficeMate Enterprise.
- Click Setup, select Preferences, click the Label Writer and One Click Documents tabs, and ensure that the Dymo LabelWriter 450 is set up as the default printer.
- Print a label from your OfficeMate software to ensure that the printer is working properly.
Note: When printing labels, ensure that the quantity is not 0.
- Run the Dymo software updater (steps 5-7) on each computer attached to a Dymo LabelWriter 450 printer.
The Dymo software must be running to print labels from OfficeMate and OfficeMate Enterprise.
To review and edit the Dymo software settings, click Edit and select Preferences within the software program.