To limit a patient's ledger information that appears on his or her statement, follow the instructions below in OfficeMate Administration.
- Click Setup and select Preferences.
- Click the Statements tab.
- Ensure that the "Use 'Do not print on patient statement'" Yes radio button is selected.
- Click OK.
After setting up your Statements preferences, follow the instructions below in OfficeMate:
- Open the patient's ledger.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to the patient's fee slip that contains the line item balance that you do not want to print on the patient's statement.
- Select the line item balance on the fee slip, right-click on it, and select Adjustments.
- Select the Do not print on patient statement check box.
- Select a line item already on the patient's ledger to exactly offset the amount of the adjustment that you do not want to print on the patient's statement. The offset patient ledger line item will not print on the patient's statement either.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for each line item balance that you do not want to print on the patient's statement.
When you open the patient's ledger, the DNP check box will be selected next to the item that you do not want to print on the patient's statement. This check box cannot be selected from the ledger--it can only be selected from the Fee Slip Item Adjustment window. The patient's statement will print without displaying the information that you selected above. Note that if you selected items that do not have an exact offset amount, then the balance on your patient's statement will not be correct.