To delete an insurance payment in OfficeMate v9 or below, follow the instructions below:
- Click the Receipts icon.
- Click the Apply to Insurance tab.
- Select an insurance from the Insurance drop-down menu.
- Click Display Charges.
- Click the History button at the bottom of the window.
- Select a receipt and click Select.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the window to delete the payment.
Caution! Deleting insurance payments will delete unapplied amounts attributed to patients.
If you want to delete insurance balances, adjust each line item so that the balance is $0. For more information on adjusting charges, see the linked article.
If you are using OfficeMate v9.5 or above, you cannot delete previously recorded payments. Instead, you can make adjustments to erroneously recorded payments. The Receipts Journal and several other reports list payment adjustments for audit purposes. Note that adjusting an erroneously recorded payment does not delete any chargebacks.