If you have an OfficeMate DOS lifetime buyout or an expiration date after the year 2007, you will see the following messages, depending on the exact date, when you try to log into OfficeMate DOS:
- If you log into OfficeMate DOS on 12/26/2006, the "Your license will expire in 29 days - Press enter to continue" message appears.
- If you log into OfficeMate DOS after 4/28/2007, the "Your license to use OfficeMate has expired - Call immediately to renew" message appears.
To correct this license expiration issue and delete these messages, copy the DOMSE8.GNT file (https://s3.amazonaws.com/OMEW/DOMSE8.exe) into your DOMS folder and overwrite any existing DOMSE8.GNT files that are currently in the folder. To copy this updated file into your DOMS folder, follow the instructions below:
- Close OfficeMate DOS on all of your computers.
- Open the DOMSE8.exe file (using the link above).
- Click Run.
- Click Run again.
- If your DOMS folder is not located on your C drive, click Browse and navigate to the location of your DOMS folder; otherwise, go to step 6.
Note: If you do not know where your DOMS folder is located, type X in DOS and press Enter to open the Exit To/Tutor Tools window. The location of your DOMS folder is displayed at the top of the window in yellow text.
- Click Unzip.
The DOMSE8.GNT file will unzip and overwrite any existing DOMSE8.GNT files in your DOMS folder.
- Click OK after the file has successfully unzipped.
- Click Close to exit the WinZip Self-Extractor window.