Patch 3 for OfficeMate/ExamWRITER 10.5.23 resolves issues related to select lens products and VSP eyewear orders:
- Error 217913 when searching for a lens on a VSP eyewear order.
- Error 13 when clicking the VSP tab in the Products & Services window.
- Error 13 when opening the General Ledger window.
Download and install this patch if you are using OfficeMate/ExamWRITER 10.5.23 and you submit VSP orders through OfficeMate.
Note: Installing Patches 1 and 2 is not required prior to installing Patch 3.
Perform the following steps to install the 10.5.23 Patch 3 on each computer running OfficeMate/ExamWRITER 10.5.23 in your practice.
1. Download the patch [click here to download] and save it to the OfficeMate Updates folder on your network. If you don’t have an OfficeMate Updates folder on your network, create one now.
2. Close OfficeMate and ExamWRITER on every computer.
3. On a computer running OfficeMate/ExamWRITER, navigate to your
OfficeMate Updates folder on your network. If your download folder has a different name, navigate to that folder.
4. Double-click OTx1654.exe.
The Open File - Security Warning window opens.
5. Click Run.
The WinZip Self-Extractor window opens.
6. Click Browse, if necessary, and navigate to and select the location of your OMATE 32 or OfficeMate folder (often C:\OMATE32 or C:\OfficeMate) and click OK.
7. Click Unzip to install the files.
8. Click OK after the file successfully unzips.
9. Click Close to close the WinZip Self-Extractor window.
10. Repeat steps 3–9 on each computer running OfficeMate/ExamWRITER in your practice.
Note: If you are using your server as a workstation, you must also install patch 3 on your server.