If you receive error 400, error 189183, or error 418105 while attempting to print an Rx order or medical Rx order and you cannot resolve the issue using the methods in the knowledge base article at http://www.officemate.net/omkb/article.aspx?id=10763, ask your computer technician to follow the instructions below to output the Rx order to a PDF and then send the PDF to your printer:
Note: You do not need Adobe Reader to complete these instructions.
- Go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ and download and install PDFCreator.
Note: If you are asked if you want to install any extra programs, like the Yahoo! Search Toolbar or Qihoo 360, click Decline.
- After the PDFCreator installation completes, open PDF Creator (Start>Programs>PDFCreator>PDFCreator).
- Click Printer and select Options.
- Click Auto-save on the left side of the window.
- Select the Use Auto-save check box.
- Type a static filename, for example OMTEMP, in the Filename text box.
Note: Using a static file name ensures that there will always be no more than one PDF file in the temporary output directory and that you will not need to manually delete files.
- Select the Use this directory for auto-save check box.
- Navigate to and select a temporary output directory for Rx orders (for example, C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop\RxTemp).
- Click Print on the left side of the window.
- Select the Print after saving check box.
- Select Select the default Windows printer without any user interaction from the Query user drop-down menu.
Note: Ensure that the office printer that you use most often is set up as the default printer in Windows.
- Click Save.
PDFCreator is now properly set up.
- Navigate to the Omate32.ini file in the Windows directory and open it.
- Edit the file in the [System] section to include the following two lines:
- Save and close the Omate32.ini file.
You can now print Rx orders and medical Rx orders from OfficeMate and ExamWRITER without receiving error 400, error 189183, or error 418105. A PDF will be created for all orders and they will automatically be sent to the default office printer.