When trying to print in RLISYS Letter Writing System, after typing in the letter or postcard name, the message "No Letters on File" displays.
- Verify file name is on Letter Names list in Letter Writing System.
- If letter is not on the list, will have to recreate the letter or postcard, then try printing again.
- If letter is listed, go to step #2.
- In Windows, search for the letter or postcard name (e.g., If you are searching for letter named Recall01, you would have to search for Recall01.oml).
- If the file exists in the \Rlisys\LF directory, go to step #3.
- If the file exists in a directory other than \Rlisys\LF, copy the file to \Rlisys\LF directory and try printing again.
- If you are using Windows NT or Windows XP server, the \Rlisys or \Rlisys\LF directories may be compressed. (These instructions are written for Windows XP.)
Note: RLISYS recommends having the assistance of a local qualified computer technician before taking the next steps. Turning off the compression may have other adverse affects that a technician will be able to correct.
- On the server, open My Computer. Open the local drive where RLISYS is installed, right-click the RLISYS folder, and select Properties.
- Select the General tab and click Advanced. If Compress contents to save disk space is checkmarked, remove the checkmark, click OK, and click Apply.
- If you get message asking if subfolders should be uncompressed, select Yes and click OK.
- Windows will display the number of files uncompressed. It may take a moment for the window to close.
- Try printing again.