If you have questions about the implementation process, we have answers!
- How long are the instructor-led training courses?
- Do I need to complete the instructor-led training courses in a particular order?
- How do I register for an instructor-led training course?
- How far in advance do I need to register for an instructor-led training course?
- Are there any cancellation/no show penalties for instructor-led training courses?
- When does my training period begin?
- Who should enroll in instructor-led training courses?
- How are instructor-led training courses taught?
- How do most offices sit and organize themselves to participate in the instructor-led courses?
- Can I participate in the same instructor-led course multiple times?
- Are the instructor-led courses free?
- Do I have to participate in the instructor-led courses on the same computer on which I have OfficeMate/ExamWRITER installed?
- Should I install OfficeMate/ExamWRITER before participating an instructor-led course?
- Can I participate in an instructor-led course from my home computer?
- Does the training period expire?
- Do I have to participate in all of the instructor-led courses that are listed on the training schedule?
- What is my username and password to view the recorded video tutorials?
- Is the WebEx phone number for the instructor-led courses a toll or toll-free number?
- What is the difference between the instructor-led courses and the recorded video tutorials?
- What do I do first, after I purchase OfficeMate/ExamWRITER?
- What does "go live" mean?
- Can I install OfficeMate/ExamWRITER on my server without using one of my license seats?
- What is Maintenance & Support?
- What is an OfficeMate/ExamWRITER license?
- Can I see a demonstration of OfficeMate/ExamWRITER?
- Who should I contact about my conversion?
- What information can be converted into OfficeMate from my existing practice management system?
Most classes are 1 hour in duration. A few classes are 30 minutes or 90 minutes; these exceptions are noted on the training schedule.
We recommend that you complete the training courses in the order in which they are listed on the training schedule; however, you can modify the order according to your offices needs and schedules.
Follow the instructions below to register for your desired instructor-led course:
- Go to http://officemate.webex.com.
- Click the Daily tab.
- Use the calendar within the Daily tab to move to your desired course date.
- Click the Register link on the right side of the course in which you want to enroll.
- Type your Registration Information.
- Click Register.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration with the course's password and registration ID and the link that you will need to join the course.
Please join all courses 5–10 minutes prior to the start time; you will be unable to join a course ten minutes after it begins. You must have a high-speed Internet DSL, cable, or T1 connection in order to successfully view online instructor-led courses.
For additional information on other training options, e-mail Training & Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must register for courses on WebEx at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the courses.
You will be assigned an Implementation Consultant who will meet with your office manager and/or practice owner to create a customized training plan with a realistic timeframe to fit your business needs.
The courses are organized by job role. Staff members responsible for billing should enroll in the billing courses; staff members responsible for recalls should enroll in the recall course; doctors and other staff completing examinations should enroll in the ExamWRITER courses, and so on.
Courses are taught via WebEx. You must have a telephone and a high-speed Internet DSL, cable, or T1 connection in order to successfully participate in online instructor-led courses.
You can chose to participate in the instructor-led courses as a team, in small groups, or as individuals.
When you purchase OfficeMate/ExamWRITER, you pay a fee for training. the fee is included in the purchase price.
No. You will view the trainer's desktop during the course; you will not need access to OfficeMate/ExamWRITER on your computer.
Although it is a best practice to install OfficeMate/ExamWRITER prior to your training, you do not have to have the programs installed to participate in training.
Yes! You only need a telephone and a high-speed Internet DSL, cable, or T1 connection in order to successfully participate in online instructor-led courses.
We strongly recommend that you participate in all courses that suite your business needs, which, most of the time, is all of them. However, if a course, such as inventory, is not applicable to your business needs, then you do not need to participate in it.
Everyone in the practice will use the same Username and Password, so be sure to share this information with your staff and notify them of any password changes.
- Username—Your Username is the telephone number of the licensed office without punctuation or spaces (e.g., 8009425353). If you don’t know which phone number we have on file, open OfficeMate, click Setup, and select Business Names; your phone number appears on the Business tab.
- Password—Your Password is initially set as the telephone number of the licensed office. You will be prompted to change your password the first time you log in. You can change your password again at any time.
It is a toll-free number.
Instructor-led courses are taught live via WebEx according to the training schedule; you must register to participate in these courses. Recorded video tutorials are available on our website 24/7; no registration is required to view them.
We recommend that you first begin viewing the recorded video tutorials. Then, enroll in the instructor-led courses and begin customizing your new software.
When you "go live," you begin using your new software in a live practice environment with patients.
You can install OfficeMate/ExamWRITER on as many computers as you would like; however, only the number of users for which you have licensed seats can log in concurrently. For example, if you are licensed for five seats and you install OfficeMate/ExamWRITER on seven computers and your server, then only five users can open and use OfficeMate/ExamWRITER at the same time.
Maintenance & Support is a mandatory, non-refundable annual fee that all clients must pay for each OfficeMate Suite licensed software product. Maintenance & Support fees support an annual renewal of your OfficeMate/ReportWRITER/ExamWRITER license, all software upgrades, 24x7x365 access to online recorded video tutorials, and toll-free help desk services for OfficeMate Suite products. Contact the Renewals team for any Maintenance & Support-related questions.
An OfficeMate/ExamWRITER license is the number of times your practice purchased OfficeMate, not the number of workstations using the software.You will need to know this information when using MyInstallCenter and upgrading your software.
Contact the Sales team to set up a WebEx demonstration of OfficeMate\ExamWRITER or request access to a virtual OfficeMate\ExamWRITER setup in the cloud.
Contact your Implementation Coordinator to schedule your data conversion.
Read detailed information about data conversion here.